Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My January 12 ...

So what is "January 12" you ask? ... okay, it's not a date ... it's a thing ... well kinda of a thing.  I got the idea from my friend Kathy's blog ... she is doing Project 365, which is taking a picture each day for all 365 + the extra day.  I off course started this, but i totally fell of the wagon by about the 3rd of January ... yeah yeah, i do procrastinate, or forget to charge my camera or both ...

So anyways, the 12 is 12 shots on the 12th day of each month ... and because i was slow starting these photos were snapped on the 17th ... yeah, i was a little slow again ...  I am going to be putting all of these pics in my Smash Journal, and i will have a little "day in the life of" book at the end of the year ...

So for those of  you who are still with me, here's what my day looked like ...


I love to have flowers in the house, although with my budget I rarely buy them ... this little group was picked out by my daughter


Drop daughter off at her volunteer job way across town.  My daughter loves to volunteer and help others.


A latte and a good read is called for ... i have some time to kill before I pick up my girl.  My good friend Lynn, has 3 items published in this issue ... it's always fun to spot a friend's published work.


I accidentally stopped off at Michaels ... well they had these great sales ... okay, i bought a little plastic storage container for paper, that's it ... nothing else ...


Still waiting for daughter so i stop by the park ... the clouds are lifting, the skies are blue and the sun is out!


 Bonus Picture ... love these pilings that are no longer sunk into the river!

 Now the last time Daughter had a party, and people slept over, one of them made the comment "this is a pillow?"  okay, I hadn't picked up new pillows for well ... a long time, ours were almost totally flat, so it was off to the Bay for the 50% off sale on pillows.

 These are the contents of my purse ... well, add the camera and you have it all ... i love the pink and black lace bags my daughter picked up for me at H&M ... one has lipstick, necessities etc, and the other has tape, and pens and markers ... just in case i get the urge to create on the go!


 I am actually using a Tim Holtz tote bag (daughter gave it to me for christmas) for a purse ... so i can cram a whole lot of stuff in

 Just some random stuff in my scrap room ...


Awe, what would a day be without the love of my little girl Honey ... Honey is such a good good girl, and waits so patiently for us when we are out ...


Okay, I totally take back that comment about Honey being a "good" girl ... today she decided to take on a yoga mat while we were out ... Honey 1, Yoga Mat 0

I needed a coffee in my favourite mug after the yoga mat fiasco ...

And that was my day ... how was yours?

5 comments:

Izzy said...

Great photos! love the snaps of a day in the life of Jo!

Cheryl said...

This day was a good day. First one I've had since September. Something inside snapped and shifted a bit to the left and voila! I feel peaceful again.

This is such a great idea & I love how you told the story of why this is being posted on the 24th.

Really sweet shot of those pilings (I fell in love immediately).

Sue C said...

What a great idea to snap your day Jo! LOVE the Tim Holtz bag ;)

ScrappeeDiane said...

Awesome, I loved hearing about your day. I also love the TH bag.

Lynn Stevens said...

Well your day is a lot more exciting than mine. I love this idea, no doubt I would forget to charge my camera. Take that back. I would forget the camera. I always do...
Great photos Jo. Thanks for the mention! Oh that little stinker Honey. But with that face you can't stay mad at her for long!
Hugs Lynn