Wednesday, April 14, 2010

M is for ... Mean ...

... masterful, majestic, maladapted, maniacal, martyr, meddling, minion, menace, meal-ticket, meticulous … fortunately none of these M words apply to me … well okay … except when laughing … then I can sound a little maniacal … but only a bit...


Maternal ~ I am …


My beautiful baby


Machinations ~ sounds so intriguing … but I have none … I only plot happy & fun little schemes …

Surprise!

Magnetic ~ I feel like my on magnetics are way off …I’m the kind of person who can break something electric just by walking by it … lets just say electronics do not last long in my house … my alarm clock still rings at the time I set it, but I doesn’t show me the correct time … it’s been stuck on 3:21 pm for weeks …

yeah ... magnetic or something ....


Meditate ~ not as much as I used to …. I more or less just wander around in that labyrinth of a mind … when I do meditate I prefer a Buddhist walking meditation … there is peace in movement.

My beautiful baby ... again!


Make-believe ~ I swear sometimes I am stuck in the land of make-believe … I think that is why I like the artsy side of scrapbooking and journaling …. Sometimes I just wander and do little art journals … my favourite one is about Paris and the conversations I have with Monet, Coco and Christian Lacroix … where we go, what we see … my fabulous shoes …

Monet in his garden c. 1927


Memories ~ The real reason I scrapbook … to preserve memories …not just mine, but of past generations, their stories, their recollections … My much loved Grandmother feared the number 13 with a great passion … and that is the day she passed on … the 13th … in a little twist of irony I am mentioning this in my M post, which is the 13th letter of the alphabet …

My Grandma, Grandpa & me ... 1957


Mommy~ I a mommies girl! I just adore my Mom … with all my heart … she is the best, so thoughtful, so brave … heck she was in labor with me for 3 days … so strong, and yet feminine and fun… I only hope to live up the amazing example she has set.

My beautiful Mommy ... 1960's i think???



Once again coming to your from the fab JENNY MATLOCK Alphabe-Thursday meme ... just click on the link to see her blog and browse through all of the other M posts!!! It's time well spent!

28 comments:

Maggie said...

Great M post, go mom. That hula hoop is cool!
~Maggie~

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Great Ms!

Viki said...

Great M words. Kind of scary about the number 13 and your grandmother.

laterg8r said...

love the magnetic pic - you crack me up :D

that pic of your mom is totally scrapworthy :D

GardenOfDaisies said...

Look at your MOm go with that hula hoop!! :-) I like meditative walks. You are so right, there is peace in movement.

Jenny said...

Oh, I thought this M post was truly Marvelous.

I like all the directions you took us in...

Your family is all lovely.

And you are clever and sweet and funny!

And I really enjoyed this little stop on my journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter M!

A+

VKT said...

What a clever M post. Your daughter is beautiful. Stop by mine if you get a chance!

mrs. c said...

I like the way you told a story with your photos, thanks for sharing your family and your humor!

Kat said...

Great choices for M. LOVE the picture of your mom and the hula hoop, what a fun shot! Thanks for the encouragement, just hope this little train doesn't run out of steam :) Kathy

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

Great M post. If I had a photo of my mom with a hula hoop, I would have it enlarged and wallpaper the foyer with it!!

Pondside said...

I love that hula hoop photos - pure joy!

Tina said...

Nice m's. Love the alarm clock story and your tribute to your mom.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Jo

Your family is so photogenic..your daughter is a beauty, you were such a cute baby, and I love that photos of your Mom doing the hula hoop!

Glad you are exploring your city .. I hope you find lots of nice surprises!

lissa said...

wonderful M's, especially about the 3:12 alarm clock, it gave me a chuckle

thank you for your visit

Prairiemaid said...

Love your blog and your M's. Very clever. You resemble a china doll sitting between your grandparents.

Thanks for coming by and commenting. I love company!

~ Cheryl

Unknown said...

You are such a loving mom and a daughter....I can tell from these letter posts that your family is your world.....

Serline said...

M is for merry-making, which seems to be the constant theme that permeates these pictures.

Debbiedoos said...

M is for memories that you have and more that you are creating! Thanks for stopping over, and have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

great post and thank you for the compliment! mishelle

Amanda Lee said...

What a great photo of your mom! I can't wait to see the scrapbook layout for that one. :)

Steph said...

Oh, your photos are awesome as usual! And your words potent. :)Who else thought of machinations? My favorite other than the mentions of mothering (you and your mom) was make-believe. What a wonderful day-dream.

easternsparkle said...

All those Ms - I'm surprised you didn't mention your desire for a morph suit!!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Wonderful M post, Jo..I can feel how much you love your mom.

Kathy said...

What lovely "M" words! And the love you show for your mom...so very precious. I love that photo of her! You MUST scrap it! And the one of you and your grandparent too!

Christy said...

You have a truly magnetic personality!!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Such a really wonderful M post!!! You looked like the adorable kewpie doll or gerber baby in the photo with your granparents!

Lots of great photos of your family from your baby, you, your mom and your grandparents!

Blessings & Aloha!
(trying to get some blog reading in! thank you so much for stopping by :o)

Betty said...

Enjoyed your post and all the photos...especially your daughter and your mom with the hula hoop. What a great picture. Strange about your grandmother and the number 13. I always thought it was strange that my grandmother was born on July 5 and died on July 5. I enjoy make believe too!

Vicki/Jake said...

Late getting to the M posts, but LOVE all of your's, especially the one about your grandmother...how sweetly odd (o:
Thanks for your visit...