Friday, April 16, 2010

Cards, cards, and more cards!

So I have been busy scrapping lately, i just haven't completed anything yet ... i have 3 baby books (2 girls & 1 boy) under construction ... a "favorite things" mini album and a another mini album called "whispers, lies & intrigues" ... sounds a whole lot more interesting than ... baby girl mini album ... tee he he .... so in the meantime, I have created 8 cards that are rather simple ... I'm trying to make cards like i see in magazines ... you know, using layering pattern paper and matting everything ... not really my style at all but I thought i would give it a go. Anyways, I came up with 8 cards that i actually like ... some of them i like quite a bit. I'm going to wrap them up and include envelopes and give them to a friend as a "I'm glad your my friend" gift. And since she doesn't scrap or papercraft I'm pretty sure she will enjoy them and hopefully enjoy giving them out.


The card on the left is a total scraplift ... a prettier version of this cards was made by Hayley for a class at Pick of the Patch ... I just borrowed her idea.

All of the remaining cards are my own design ... they are all really basic ... and i tried to keep most of them flat so they can be mailed.


I made the little white rolled rose out of white felt, and i popped in a hand felted ball as the center. The leaf is a fake suede ribbon. All of the cards are made with Basic Grey pattern paper from their gorgeous Kioshi line.


This card is more representative of me ... my style ... kinda hodge podge ... I love the 7Gypsies printed masking tapes ... there are an inexpensive and fun element to add to any project.

This one is really simple, I made the flower with my new SU punch ... the graph paper i used is actually from my mom's old accounting supplies ... the pages are all numbered and its kinda cool that she still had it.


A close up of the flower ... i used lots of Diamond Glimmer mist and scrunched all of the layers inward ... it all drys fairly stiff so if you want lots of dimension, it is easy to do ... The only problem with this flower on a card as it jacks up the mailing cost ... but hey, friends are worth the extra little bit ...

So other than scrapping, i've been touring blogland, and i have my nose buried deep into a novel ... which I am about to dive into again any minute now. Thanks so much for stopping by ... feel free to leave a comment, it makes me smile to read them. ciao!

13 comments:

Lola said...

Hi!
Many thanks for stopping by over at my place & yr lovely comment! Am very busy right now with travel, assignments & deadlines etc. :o( So won't unfortunately be able to pop back soon to yr great blog but, when I can, I'll read through yr earlier posts! Love this one & all yr Alphabe-Thusday ones too!

Have a lovely weekend!

XOXO LOLA:)

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Beautiful and gorgeous cards! You're very creative and talented. They are all so special!

Jacque said...

Good Morning Jo,

Thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit this week! I have not taken up the knack of scrapbooking! Too many other projects going on around here lately. I happened upon the book of my favorite of all time movie..The Thornbirds, so I am trying to sneak a chapter in on that every day--totally LOVIN' it!!

Thanks for sharing with us--keep up the great scrap booking!

Izzy said...

Beautiful cards!

Steph said...

These cards are so lovely!

Steph said...

I had more to say :).... Your friend will love them; though, I would think they would be hard for you or her to give away (they're so pretty I would want to keep them).

laterg8r said...

great cards - fabu gift :D

Sue C said...

Beautiful cards Jo! So... what novel are you reading?

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

I don't know how to thank you for making that set of BEAUTIFUL cards for me!!! I'll use them well!

What? What do you mean they're not for me? Oh, uh, my bad. :)

Jo, they're beautiful. I buy most of my cards from etsy because I admire the creativity. You could sell your stuff there too!!

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

I love your paper flower! ...sooo many layers!

Debbiedoos said...

Awesome cards!~ You certainly look like the queen scrapper:)

Jenny said...

These are gorgeous. I never, ever thought about giving cards as gifts...what a wonderful idea!

hayleycreates said...

Totally wicked beautiful! Your cards are gorgeous Jo.