Monday, April 12, 2010

Bradner Flower Show ...

Lucky me ...I spent Sunday with my Mom & Dad (Daughter was studying for exams) at the Bradner Flower Show. Bradner is a tiny little village in the Fraser Valley and honestly it was fun to see so many country sites like, Cattle, Horses, Lamas & feathered friends .... lots of acerage .... barns bigger than anything i could have imagined ... green houses and blueberry and flower fields that stretched on and on and on. So Bradner is "famous" for its daffodil farms ... and there were a couple of hundred hybrids for us to admire. Sadly most of the bulbs are shipped to Europe as North Americans don't buy that many bulbs ... i was totally surprised to learn this ... i do love spring flowering bulbs! Here are a few that i really liked ... enjoy! And as always .... thanks for stopping by!

Daffodils


I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze.


Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.


The waves beside them danced, but they
Out-did the sparkling leaves in glee;
A poet could not be but gay,
In such a jocund company!
I gazed—and gazed—but little thought
What wealth the show to me had brought:


For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the daffodils

by William Wordsworth

8 comments:

bcgal00 Rae said...

Beautiful shots!

Sue said...

I love that poem...and the photos are beautiful...and we missed you :-)

mrs. c said...

Those photos are lovely! I love daffies! They are one of my favorites!

Sue C said...

Beautiful shots Jo! I really missed you at Timberline - hope you can come in November.

laterg8r said...

gorgeous pics jo :D

Jenny said...

It was nice stopping by to see you today...loved the pictures of all your gorgeous flowers!

Lori said...

You just used the poem for the name on my blog! My heart with pleasure fills. See my post about what's with the name. I love when there is another Wordsworth loving, daffodil lady out there!

Click on my picture and the link is under labels. It is a great story.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love daffodils and I love this Wordsworth poem! :-)