Wednesday, April 7, 2010

L is for … lots and lots of words

So it turns out, there are lots of L words … and I like lots of those L words … but finding some that describe me are a little difficult … so lets just go with what I like …

Love … love for family and love for friends is so important to me … it’s not just important to me, it is me … it is an integral part of who I am.

My baby ... my mom .... 20 years ago

Liberal … my beliefs are quite liberal …. I truly believe there is room for all of us, with our various faiths and beliefs … coexist people … coexist

Labyrinth … as in my mind … it’s not a simple one directional steel trap … it has layers and levels and secret blinds and alleys that allow me to hold dear, retain, float freely, calculate, balance, create, fly and whatever comes ….

I often wonder if the mind has colour when its all firing away ...

Lace … I love old lace … something with substance … preferably and old ivory crocheted lace … to me it represents the intertwining of threads … like our lives … like this earth … how everything twists and turns together … little bits intertwining together to form greater & bigger parts … gotta watch it ...i'm starting to think a little too large ...

Luminous … a moon child … born under the sign of the moon … surrounded by the beautiful cold light of the moon … with just a wee bit of Loco thrown into the mix.

these little sea creatures remind me of moons in a deep blue sea/sky ...

Light … I am so light deprived … it’s a condition … it affects a lot of us here in the Pacific North West …

colour and light deprived ...

Lemon Meringue Pie … my dad has always made the best Lemon Meringue Pie … always with home made lemon curd … he is an old school baker, no bottled lemon juice or shortcuts... all fresh, nothing fake. Sometimes I relate to the pie … like it I am light and fluffy on the top … I have little peaks and valleys and just the right amount of sweetness … and in the middle … I’m all real … a little tart, but 100% real. And the crusty … yeah, I have just the right amount of flaky … I’m able to laugh at what may come!

I just wanna know how, who and when those damn wrinkles got put around my eyes???

Lollygag … yeah … I do …. And dawdle, procrastinate and wander … I am amazed that I actually manage to get these posts done up on time … it must be the influence of Mrs. Matlock …tee he he

Coming to your from the fab JENNY MATLOCK meme ... just click on the link to see her blog and browse through all of the other L posts!!!

47 comments:

Carol said...

I'm not much of a 'lollygagger' myself...but there are days I wish I could! Loved your 'L' post!

Unknown said...

Right now lollygagging with a toddler is the best!

Viki said...

Loved all your L words. I especially loved liberal because that's what I am. Good way to describe it coexist. I like that definition.

mrs. c said...

I agree with you, too many good "l" words and it is hard to make a choice. You did a great collage of photos and ideas!

Debbiedoos said...

Lollygag, I have not heard that term in a long time lol!~ I loved them all, very clever!

Christy said...

Lovely L post, learning more about you was enLightening.

My name is Riet said...

What a Lovely L post. Have a nice day

Steph said...

You always pick the best words and then express them in unusual and meaningful ways. I like learning about you. You also encourage me a lot with your comments.

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

L-L-L-Lots of L words! Loverly!!

Kat said...

Great choices for today's letter. I love that photo of your baby and mom - just precious. Kathy

Julie Kwiatkowski Schuler said...

Now I'm hungry for a liberal slice of lemon pie.

Betty said...

Yes, lots of great L words. I'm afraid I lollygag too. That's a new word for me, but one I'll certainly remember. I lean toward the liberal point of view too, but avoid politics because it's become so filled with hate. I now consider politics a necessary evil in a Democracy. Sad, but true.

Tina said...

Oh that was LoveLy :-) I feel like I know you a Lot better now. And I second that wrinkles around the eye thing...don't really know how mine got there either, or when...Thanks for visiting LIfe is Good!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I was hoping someone would include "lollygagging" Don't you just love that word? It's so descriptive..

Tracy said...

I loved your blog today thank you Lists are such a good way tocove the letter working on M all ready see you next week in the playground

GardenOfDaisies said...

YUM! I love lemon meringue pie too! I just posted my embroidered version of the pie a couple of days ago.
:-)

Prairiemaid said...

Lemon meringue pie and lollygagging...I am jealous, I didn't think of these! LOL

I am following you now, so next time you pick out such great words, I will be quick to discover them.

Amy said...

great use of the letter L..

dEE said...

A post that needs to be reread but a brain that thinks on the opposite side than yours. I crunch numbers mindlessly. Your words just see some relaxing.

Enjoyed it!

Jenny said...

Wonderful letter "L's" and my favorite is lollygag! I've used that word before and people look at me like I'm crazy.

Now, I'm happy to say I know another crazy person who uses that word, too!

And where are the wrinkles?

I don't see any...so if those are wrinkles I'm wondering what I actually have!

Sigh.

Great L post!

Thanks for helping to make Alphabe-Thursday so Lovely!

A+

easternsparkle said...

You're right lots of L's - lovely photo of your Mum and baby!! If you get a morph suit, you'll have to share the photos!!

Short and Sweet said...

Your "L" post is just wonderful and so insightful. You really incorporated a lot of "L" words so nicely into a delightful narrative.
Loretta

VKT said...

This is my first time participating in alphabet Thursday! What fun! You came up with a post that incorporated l words that I never would have thought of. And the pictures.....I want a piece of pie...sigh

Mary Beth @ Live. Laugh. Make Something said...

delightful post! I lollygag far more than I mean to... Hubby says I've earned it... I says surely I've still got some good years left in me. weeee! Hubs and I so need to do this! I am the new kid in class hopping over from Alphabe-Thursday and am so happy that I did! Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day this week when you get a moment. I have become a follower and hope you will do the same. until later...

lissa said...

Lollygag - yeah, that's me too, I do wonder how I got things done with so many distractions

thanks for your visit to my alphabe-thursday

MrsJenB said...

Ahhhh, lemon meringue pie! I didn't even think to include a link for the recipe I posted last week!! I was too busy thinking about WDW, I guess *shake head at self*...haha

I love this post - even the jellyfish look pretty, even though I hate them. ;-)

Brenda said...

Great selection of L words. Thanks for stopping by!

Anonymous said...

Loved all your words.
Beautiful eye(s)! :-)

http://nprimopiano.wordpress.com

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

What a wondeful "L" post for Alphabe Thursday! I especially love the photo of you and your grandchild...what a beautiful baby!

Lollygag is such a fun word! I think I'm an expert at that :-)

Annesphamily said...

Love, lemon meringue and lollygag! I love them all! Great L post!

RNSANE said...

Yours was such a splendid post with magnificent words, many to which I could relate and identify. I really enjoyed reading it and thank you for visiting me.

Sarah said...

Love the word lollygag. Fun post you've shared today. Lemon Meringue pie is my favorite.

Unknown said...

lemon meringue pie...the minute you said it...it was all i could think about. even though we have a fridge full of lemon bars, i am going to make a pie tomorrow just so i could have a perfect slice. oh yum!

Nadeen said...

Lovely use of "L". Who ever thought "L" could be so lovely. You made it that way.

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

LOVE your L-Words! They LEAVE a LASTING impression! Have a LOVELY day!!!

Maggie said...

Luscious L Post, you're up in my top 5 of greats this week, but I have more to see.........
Thanks for visiting me.
~Maggie~

laterg8r said...

great l words, i like lollygag the best :D

Izzy said...

Fabulous selection of words with "L". Love the photos too!

Kathy said...

LOVE your L words Jo!! Hayley was such a beautiful baby! Great photos!

Pondside said...

What a great collection of L words you've chosen. I especially like your self-description as 'like Lemon Meringue pie' - and that's how I'll think of you!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

Wonderful L post! So many L, but the picture of your mom and your baby, is an awesome Love!

Amanda Lee said...

Lovely, thoughtful post. And all the fun people are just a little bit flaky!

Unknown said...

there are a lot of great L words..I like how you tied them all in pertaining to you and who you are! great post.....

Jenny said...

Hi Jo. Hey, don't lollygag the day away. Visit my blog today. You'll like it!

bcgal00 Rae said...

Good reading, Jo! Enjoyed this!

baukje said...

Oh, lemon curd ..... A cheesecake withe lemoncurd you could awake me each night ......

Bits-n-Pieces said...

I started to do L is for Love...but changed my mind at the last minute.
great stuff here!