Wednesday, February 12, 2014

What's my style?

arrrrg, if you follow my blog then you know that my style is a tad bit undefined ... I like bright, colourful, happy, textural, muted, layered, simple, easy, grungy, vintagey and kind of white .... yeah ...

so when i decided to join the "what's your style" challenge at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog  ... i grabbed an old battered bright pink heart shaped box and decided to let "my heart" do the picking ....

This is what happened ....

I covered the box top in patterned paper and layered it with doilies an image from Graphic 45 paper and some hand made flowers, and all things pretty!


This box wax actually quite high ... to get the texture i wanted i painted the box in clay paint (which is very similar to chalk paint) in an old white colour.  I trimmed the side of the box top with satin ribbon and then layered it with vintage white lace.

Just a wee close up of the top ... i like a lot of depth so the flowers  much higher than the surface heart box top.


So, apparently my style is layered, textural, vintage and kind of white .... or at least my heart said so in this challenge ....

I can only wonder what my style will be on my next project!
Thanks so much for stopping by
Peace, love and paper
jo

22 comments:

Patty Antle said...

I like your style! Very nice!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING those flowers!!!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Your heart box is darling Jo. I would have a hard time defining my style right now too.
Hugs Lynn

JoAnne said...

Styles are meant to change. I like all your styles Jo! This box turned out beautiful!

Pammejo said...

Gorgeous box, love, love your flowers...Thanks so much for joining us for our very first challenge over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Pammejo said...

Gorgeous box, love, love your flowers...Thanks so much for joining us for our very first challenge over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Jan Marie said...

Oh pretty, pretty! Like something I'd find tucked away in the corner of an old trunk/hope chest filled with dried flowers and love letters! What a beauty! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Anonymous said...

Those flower are gorgeous! I'm having such fun seeing your creations.

Anonymous said...

Those flower are gorgeous! I'm having such fun seeing your creations.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous Jo! Funny how sometimes it's hard to define our own unique style in ourselves but yet others clearly see it. I know I feel that way. I see so much vintage loveliness and shabby goodness in your beautiful creations sweetie.

Tammi said...

This project is gorgeous!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

Unknown said...

this is stunning. I love the vintage romantic feeling from it and your flowers are totally rocking. Thanks so much for playing with us this month at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Glenda said...

love your box and your flowers are amazing. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Joni Andaya said...

What a Gorgeous box Jo! Love all the embellishments you added.

Izzy said...

The box is gorgeous! and it's definitely your style :)

Gloria Stengel said...

This is an adorable and very pretty project! I love upcycled "junk"and you did a fabbie job with this! I am also someone who has a few different styles, so this challenge was hard, even for me, and I made it up! hee hee Thanks so much for joining in with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I love me a good upcycled project, and you really brought this old heart new life. Love the soft white color palette, the fabulous florals and the use of ribbon and lace. It's beautiful! Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge. Hope you'll become a regular!

creative lady said...

This is just adorable, love the vintage look. Great job! Thanks for playing with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

Tanya said...

Your style is PERFECT, evidently...LOVE what you've done with the box - the roses are to die for!!!! Happy Saturday, Jo...Tanya

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Congrats on being chosen as a favorite 1n the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge! Your project was absolutely beautiful! Hope you will join in again soon!

Anonymous said...

I love the flowers! Is there a tutorial anywhere on how to make those?