Sunday, February 16, 2014

Simon Says - We Love Stamps Challenge

Today I am participating in the Simon Says challenge ... I do love stamps .... and I think that almost everything i do has stamping on it in some way ...

For this challenge i did stamping that is not very obvious ... but it adds texture and interest to the project as a whole ... I also used my two all time favourite stamps on this project, the French Script background stamp by Stampin Up, and the french script stamps that comes in the French Market stamp set by Tim Holtz ....

I started by stamping a piece of white cardstock with the spun sugar distress ink, I only used a small portion of this paper in a die cut,  but i have saved the rest for future projects.
 I also stamped an old piece of chipboard that has been painted and inked ... i stamped the image while the ink on the heart was still wet, and it all kind of smudged ... which was what i was going for ...
 and here we are!  the white paper is die cut into a snowflake rosette shape (this is one of my fave dies of all times) and i attached a little cherub that i printed, fussy cut, then glittered ... i then attached the whole thing to a lovely set of wings!
Not all stamping needs to be close up and in your face ... I love how this subtle stamping took the "whiteness" out of the white cardstock, and added some extra visual interest!

Once again, thanks so much for stopping by!  and make sure you stop by the Simon Says Monday Challenge to see all of the wonderful stamping art!
Peace, love and paper!
Jo


8 comments:

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

So pretty...😊

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is sooooooo gorgeous! I love love love that heart, the angel and the snowflake!!!!!

Candy C said...

Hi Jo!! Thank so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I'm looking at your we love stamps piece or Simon Says Stamp. I absolutely adore your vintage cherub! Those feathered wings are AMAZING! Love the heart that you created for the cherub to be "resting" on. Beautiful piece! <3 Candy

Izzy said...

Gorgeous creation!

toni said...

Wow Jo ! That is so pretty. I love the subtle stamping and your vintage cherub. The whole lot mounted on the gorgeous fluffy wings is perfect x

Carole said...

Hi Jo, love what you did, and the wings are fab! Thanks so much for dropping by and how are the winds in your area now. We still have some hanging around but not nearly as bad as it has been. xox

Anonymous said...

Jo
This is so pretty and brimming with romance.
Wishes
Lynne

Darlene said...

WOW! This is absolutely gorgeous Jo and SO creative! Great job! Thanks for your visit to my blog and kind comments! Hope to see you again real soon!