Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snow ....

I bet almost all of you out there are a little tired of all of the white stuff this year ... me .... I'm still waiting for it!

Well okay, back in November we had a bit ... for a few days .... not much ... no real road closures or snow days, well except for one when they shut down the university, because it sits atop this little mountain we are on ... but that's it

Honey in Novembers snow ... she is only 5 pounds so the snow is not really as deep as you might think 
and we were promised it would be the worst winter in years ... that we would have snowmageddon ... so where the heck is it???

I went out side in search of it ... hmmm little buds forming on the deciduous trees ... thats no good

sorry for the not so good photo ...
beautiful green ferns and vibrant green moss ...
Mona Lisa... get down from there!

in the the front garden ... well this is the closest we could come to for snow ....
Mona Lisa Mae and a "snowdrop"
So I guess I will have to grin and bear it ... another year without tons of the pretty whitestuff ... sigh ...
This is starting to remind me of last year, when the Olympics were in town, and you would see lots of tourists from other nations in their heavy winter gear when all they really needed was a light jacket, and sneakers ...
feb 19th 2010 ...  the only snow was on the mountains and a lot of it was man made 

this sorrowful snow tale is brought to you by the letter S and the fabulous Jenny Matlock.  click on the button below to read about all things S from her loyal and devoted students!!!

Peace, Love & Paper
~Jo

Jenny Matlock

24 comments:

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

Yes, I have to admit, I am entirely sick of all the white stuff. I would love to go out and see little buds on the trees, bulbs starting to bloom. That being said, I can't imagine a year without snow, and I wouldn't want to. I always look forward to the first snowfall, and I always look forward to it melting. I love the change of seasons - all of them, and I truly do not envy those who do experience them to the severity that we do in the prairies.

La said...

I would have gladly given up some of our snow for you.

Donnie said...

Bet there's a lot of people willing to trade places with you. Great photos.

jacque4u2c said...

I am so tired of winter and snow, but thankfully we got a reprieve today and had a 70 degree day - go figure???

Cheryl said...

Jo, I'll be happy to truck some over to your side of the continent. Honest. You can take it all.

I think you've forgotten that snow is only pretty for a very short time. Then it gets filthy. It's so butt-ugly around here I can't bear to look outside anymore.

Judie said...

Well, if we had something interesting, like snow, it just might have made our horrible winter more exciting. We only had record low temps that killed everything in my yard except the rocks!!

Unknown said...

You must be one of the few to miss out on the snow. We had three storm here.

Lynn Stevens said...

Well Jo we have had a wierd year too, started out with lots of snow then nothing! But whats that saying it aint over till the fat lady sings! We got more snow today and another storm on its way, just when I thought spring might be here. sheesh.
Now tell Mona Lisa to behave herself. I'd hate to see her fall and break something! LOL

Amanda Lee said...

I love the PNW! But please, stop blabbing about the mild winters! We don't want word to get out!

Cheryl D. said...

We haven't seen any snow this year! But then again, I'm in L.A. We never get any snow! LOL!

Lynn said...

Philly had plenty-we're ready for spring here:@)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

I am seriously tired of snow..but I never get tired of cute little pups!

Tammie Lee said...

Hello Jo,
I am happy to let you know that you have won my OWOH give away!
See email from me...

Teresa said...

Love your pictures (the ones without snow). The tree is beautiful. I must say, I'm feeling pretty lucky my winter wasn't any worse here.

Pat said...

All the snow took a more southerly route this winter...even here in Northern Wisconsin, we missed some of the big ones...not complaining thought as we have enough and it can be Spring anytime now!
Our son lives in Alaska and he said this was the mildest, snow-free winter he has seen. All that global warming, right??

Vicki/Jake said...

Let it snow! Glad you popped over to see all my flakes:) Love yours too.

mwahahahaa...

Jenny said...

Mona Lisa. You get a sweater on right this minute.

Jo, I loved my stop here today. This felt just like I was sitting at your kitchen table drinking coffee and chatting away about everything and nothing.

This whole visit just made me smile this week.

Thanks for linking.

You are always a special joy to see each week.

A+

Honey at 2805 said...

So sick of this cold weather and I don't even live where it was really bad. I was outside soaking up some vitamin D today. Yea! It was in the high 70's.

Pondside said...

We got some white stuff on Monday, but other than that we've been pretty lucky on the Island. I bought extra salt and a new snow shovel in anticipation of 'the worst winter in years' but so far haven't needed any of it!
*knocking on wood, immediately!*

Francisca said...

There is a reason I live on this side of the Pacific instead of there: SUN. And I can live without SNOW. But I can imagine it was a bit of a drag being without the white fluff during the Olympics. That shot of the cherry trees in bloom with Royal York reflected in the glass building is fantastic!

Kathy said...

I just love your photo of the Vancouver hotel reflection and the cherry blossoms! With the sun today here I'm excited for those blossoms to start appearing again soon!

paige said...

If we get any more snow here, you can HAVE it. I never thought I'd say this, but I'm ready for warm now.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

heartwarming.
:)

Francisca said...

That's what happens when I post at 3 am my time... Of course, that is the beautiful Hotel Vancouver reflected! Sheesh!