I have a new layout up at The Inspired Scrapper ... here is the peak ...
the challenge is "Fall is in the Air" ... I hope you can stop by .... there are also some very cool layouts by DT members Chriss and Karen.
and now for a teeny tiny tutorial ...
I found these rusted ornaments on sale dirt cheap at a garden shop (you can use any metal ornament), they were linked together by broken chain ... I have used them as before, but this time i wanted to add a patina to them without having to do too much work and using what i had on hand ... i'm sure i could have rushed out and picked up something to do it with at the craft store but sometimes getting creative with your existing supplies saves you a few bucks ...
1. Grab your paint, glimmer mist and/or Shimmer Mist
2. Gather your metal embellies and/or findings ... anything you can dig up!
4. Now wipe off the excess paint ... and then dab a tiny bit of paint for highlights. let this dry
5. Spray glimmer mist unevenly ... soak some areas and ignore others
6. Now wipe of the excess ... let dry or dry with your heat gun ... just don't touch the hot metal
7. spray on a metallic shimmer, in this case i used copper, and dab off excess pooling mist (yes this is sounding a little Karate Kid ... wipe on, wipe off)
8. and you are done ... you can use these on layouts, cards, tags ... string them back together, put ribbon through the top hole and attach a crystal to the bottom and tie onto a wine bottle ... hang them in the window from a string of beads ... inexpensive, they take very little time ... and anyone can do this
And the giveaway ... I also did an additional 3 ornaments ... i let more of the glimmer mist sink in so the turquoise is a little more prominent ... you can win these and a few other vintage inspired goodies by leaving me a comment below .... I will draw a name next Saturday ...
Have a great week ... go play with metal!
Peace, Love & Paper ~ Jo