Friday, September 20, 2013

a page a day 9 & 10

The circle theme continues ...
 day 9 ... I do have in my mind this story ... i actually have several ... that i really should commit to paper and pen ... it is a fanciful tale about 7 sister and 7 moons ... so that was in my mind when i did this page ... i kept the whole circle thing going using both large and small circles, that were made with paint and in .... i love the way it turned out ... i am starting to enjoy this process!!!

 Day 10 ... I found this fab clip art of tea cups on pinterest and i knew i had to use it in a page ... i started with a highly patterned background that i was not to fond of ... so i dripped paints down the length of it and left it to dry ... i was kind of stuck until dinner when i grabbed a napkin and knew i had to use it ... i had previously seen my friend Kathy use on a journal page ... so down it went ... i used a torn layer of white to cover and mute some of the paint and then i cut out the flowers and applied them.... and the queen? well she just demanded that she be included, and who I am to argue!

Thanks again so  much for joining my as i exercise my creative muscles and try this new to me art form!
peace love and paper!
jo

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

I hope you find the time to write the story that accompanies the card. I adore the 10th card with its floral elegance and queenly silliness.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sooooooo gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee the circles and the roses!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo
When I viewed the circles I could definitely understand the nature of a story with seven sisters and then I view the page with the teacups and I say "this is so pretty".
Such different pages but both beautifully executed.
Wishes
Lynne

Izzy said...

All of your journal pages are absolutely gorgeous!!

Lynn Stevens said...

oh my Gosh Jo, look at you go! A page a day... I'd be lucky to get a page a week done.
Checked out all your pages so far.Love the one with the Queen of hearts.

Now how will I ever keep up with your blog? LOL
Hugs Lynn

Mona Pendleton said...

Such pretty pages Jo! Lovin all the circles! The white dot detail looks fabulous on the second page!

Terry said...

This is so gorgeous! I just love the colors on these pages! Lovely roses! Enjoy the week!

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh my! These are wonderful! I love your ideas and art. (And yes, the queen looks perfect there...like she demands a spot of tea! :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you so much for visiting!