Thursday, December 6, 2012

December Daily ...

for those that scrapbook, making a mini album documenting the month of December is a fairly popular thing to do ... over the years I have resisted ... especially as my daughter has gotten older and December is usually spent by her studying for finals, working, volunteering and hanging with chums.

This year, I decided to actually take on the challenge ... who cares if the 16th is all about final exam, or the 4th was spent grocery shopping ... it's all part of life ... and hey that's a great thing!

I had a lot of fun making this mini ... using odds and ends, Jenni Bowlin papers, Stampin Up stamps and a lot of vintage lace, odds and ends, photos, envelopes etc.

Here's a few of my favourite pages!

This is the cover ... i love the mixture of textures from burlap sacking to vintage doilies and Starbucks cup holders ... hey those things are corrugated so i keep them in my stash!  perfect for little things!


 Some detail of the cover, I just love the vintage doily stamp from Stampin Up ... I especially love it for backgrounds!  And chunky german glass glitter ... I just love the stuff!


 I actually even used the non corrugated side of the Starbucks cup holder as a star, i just liked the pattern!  The vintage bird image is from Crafty secrets.


 I left the stars hanging on bakers twine ... i hope it looks good once the page has photos.  On the 9th I am going to see Cirque Du Soleil ... so I added a vintage envelope to stash my ticket stub in!


I loved this old photo that i picked up at an antiques shop.  I had to add circus hats to them, hoping that they will laugh!

My favourite pages ... love the crafty secret images and the rocking horse paper is actually wrapping paper ... as soon as I saw it I knew I had to include it ... it reminded me so much of a rocking horse that my Dad made for me when I was a little girl.


I only have the one picture ... and it's very tiny scan of a slide ... adorable rocking horse, right!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by ... I really appreciate all of your comments and visits!


6 comments:

Kathy said...

This is such a GORGEOUS album! Love that sweet picture of you! So cute!

Izzy said...

So beautiful Jo! so glad you're doing the December Daily... there are those days with just shopping and chores but they are important too :)

Ames said...

Aw Jo you were such a cute toddler. And your dad was very crafty. Humm, the apple didn't fall too far from the crafty tree did it!Love your scrap book. I have been dragging my feet finishing my own tree.~Ames

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great book Jo. Love the photo of you on the rocking horse! So sweet!
hugs Lynn

Jenny said...

I love that Christmas bingo ephemera! You have such a great style Miss Jo!

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

What a beauty and a cutie at the end of the post! Love your cover...layers of fab items! Awesome project!