Wednesday, December 19, 2012

a little giftspiration!

I just had to join the Simon Says Stamp & Show challenge this week ...  Which is Giftspiration!  Giftgiving!

Since I had made little presents for my local scrapping buddies, I thought I would share one!  and yes, I am still on a house kick ... I am just loving making houses of all shapes and sizes right now ... so of course I made a little bird house gift!  These photos were all taken by my friend Izzy, I have such camera and lens envy!
 A little winter birdhouse perched up high on a crystal candlestick .... I actually found a couple of crystal candlesticks at the thrift store ... so the price was totally right!

 A view from one side ... lots of distressing of the corners and paper and brushed on several layers of paint ... the glitter is from SU.
 I also used a lot of Diamond Stickles from Ranger on the edges of the roof and floor.

 The flowers are Prima, tim Holtz and Kaisercraft ... the bling is Prima and the Plaquettes  are Tim Holtz ...

The "vintage" seam binding is from etsy.  I had a great time making this little house and Izzy loved it so I was thrilled!


And finally a hot of all of the little prezzies I made from my local gals. (this photos mine) The Teacup ornament was totally inspired by my dear blog buddy Lynn.  You really must go visit her at Trash to Treasure Art ... her blog is full of fab inspiration!

Thanks so much for stopping by!


10 comments:

Cheryl said...

What an elegant little house. I love that last shot of your little neighborhood.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Gorgeous decorated birdhouse, I love the muted colour tones and the dimensional flowers. The glitter adds to the icy feel, love it. Great idea to stand the birdhouse onto a candle stick. Thanks so much for joining in the Simin Says Stamp and Show Challenge. Tracy x

Candy C said...

Jo...your little birdhouses are so sweet, so festive. I love them all! What a great idea...creating a little house and then perching it atop a crystal candlestick! They are all lovely little houses and I"m sure your scrapping buddies will love them! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

Izzy said...

Jo, I looooove my house! Thank you. all of your creations are so beautiful :)

Nat said...

really beautiful work, love your style. I've been making houses too but yours are truly stunning. I would love to try your techniques!! Merry Christmas :)

Dreaming of Vintage said...

I love those birdhouses! They're so pretty!

JoAnne said...

Charming little houses Jo! Merry Christmas!

Alison said...

Your little houses are beautiful Jo, your friends will treasure them! x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

Brilliant make! Love that you have them on pedestal! Gorgeous! Pinning!

Lynn Stevens said...

These are just the sweetest house ever Jo. Love the one you put on the candlestick.
Glad I could provide a bit of inspiration. :0)
Merry Christmas hon!
Hugs Lynn