Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Saturday Centus ~ The Whine

Late ... again ... and it's not that I have been procrastinating,(which is the usual cause of my lateness) ... I have been diligently writing my saturday centus posts ... I just have not felt like posting them ... and I'm not to sure why ... and lately I have been writing only conversations ... hmm, i wonder why?

So this week, I'm rejoining Jenny's meme and posting ... The prompt this .... actually last Saturday was "It's an amusing little whine"
That gives us 100 words plus the 5 prompt words ... here's my little offering.



“Oh Karen, it's an amusing little whine you are employing, but it won’t open my pocketbook.  You will have to come up with a much better approach than that.”

“But Mom, puuuullease “ the impatient little 6 year old cried.

“Karen, if you want something, just ask, but do it without whining.

“But Mom, I’m only six” the girl exaggerates.

“Honey, remember what I told you … what two things never go out of style?”

“Good manners and being polite” chirped Karen.

“That’s right my little sunshine, now ask your question again, and do it in style!”


Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and read!

Jenny Matlock

10 comments:

Judie said...

Waaaaaa! Puleeeeze!! Now why didn't I think of that!! Love it, Jo!!

Ames said...

Such a whiner! Geez I quit whining when I was 3.

Not!~Ames

21 Wits said...

whining? Why it would be such an unlady like thing to do! :)

Gail said...

Pretty good conversation.

Izzy said...

Great conversation!

Jim said...

Nice Motherly advice, Jo. Next week you will have to work in what she was asking for.
..
I love to end a sentence with a preposition, that drives my sister to whining!
..

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Good job. I had to think about how many times I heard that whine when my children were young! laurie

Lynn Stevens said...

So cute!

Viki said...

Oh goodness I always hated that whining lol. Good take.

Jenny said...

Jo! Don't doubt your writing. I'm not sure if that's why you don't link.

It's the exercise of just doing it that helps when you're in a slump.

Anyway.

That's MY story and I'm stickin' to it.

Your story, though, was really cute this week.

Writing dialogue is so hard!

I shall make a dialogue writing challenge for this week, so it suits your mood!

Happy 4th of July!