Wednesday, June 13, 2012

ACDC

no not the band ... they never were my faves ...

and definitely not the electrical current ... that scares me

instead, it's a catch up post ... surprise!!!

At this rate, I am beginning to wonder if i will ever post on time again .... sigh ...

A
Abundance
I think we, or at least most of us, have been blessed with an abundance of so many things ... of life & love, friendship, creativity, happiness, and loads of other good things.
But do we all recognize how truly blessed we are?  We complain about the weather, the price of gas, the economy ... and the complaints are valid ... but... wouldn't it be much more fun, and much better for our health as a society if we considered how much abundance we have in our lives instead? and then shared that?
we can smile at a stranger, hold open doors, greet people while walking ... and in sharing our life (even in the smallest bit) we can enrich someone Else's ...
we can hug a friend, and share our hearts and our love ... it's in us all to give and share, so lets take the time to do that ... live as abundantly as possible ... share what we can with the world around us ...

C
Create
Oh boy do i ever love to create ... in my mind, with my hands, with my keyboard ... i absolutely love to create something ... almost every day ... I swear that it elevates the mood, if one doesn't take it too seriously.  Creating to me, is not about perfection ... it is never about the "rules" ... its all about getting one's hands a little dirty, even metaphorically, and just setting free the mind to wander and do as it will! I know I don't have to encourage bloggers to create ... you do so every time you post a new entry ... i just want to encourage you all to keep at it and to colour without lines!

D
Dressage
Judy, this one is for you my dear blogging friend ... Dressage, which is all referred to as "horse ballet"
Well so it turns out that the great would be leader, Mitt, has a horse that might be participating in the Olympics in the horse ballet events ... now here's a politician that's totally in touch with the common man ... lol!
Dolls,
also falling under the D category is Dolls ... gosh I love dolls!  I have been blessed to receive a few from friends.  The most recent, from my dear friend Izzy, who picked up this little beauty for me at a recent trip to a vintage fair.  I am totally delighted!!!

C
Create
I found this little sign on Pinterest the other day ... I have adopted it as my new Mantra ...

told you this was an ACDC post!  Please click on the Jenny button below to read other much more fascinating D entries!
thanks for reading, peace love & paper,
Jo


Jenny Matlock


29 comments:

ellen b said...

Such a creative ABC catch up post! I like it! :0)

Dana @ Bungalow'56 said...

I loved the advice to colour without lines. A wonderful life philosophy.

Izzy said...

Wonderful catch up post!

Sue McPeak said...

I enjoyed your CatchUp Post...especially the pretty Doll...I love them too. And with your 'Big Creative C' you are a week ahead...good for you. Thanks for visting my 'Do's and Don'ts at Lola's' post. It is a fun place and we always make ourselves right at home...can't help it when you have to wipe off your own table!!!LOL!!!

mrs. c said...

I like this post, you touched on some very important thoughts and I appreciate you taking the time to catch up on your past posts,

Ames said...

Well I like your post. I used to be a crafter. I still dabble in it from time to time. Now I just buy other peoples creativity. My nephew's wife is into Dressage. It is so beautiful to just watch her become one with the horse.Great ACDC post Jo!~Ames

storybeader said...

I wasn't never too much into dolls. That's interesting about Mitt - didn't know that! {:-Deb

2amscrapper said...

thanks for visiting me! I love your blog post!

The Poet said...

Dear Jo,
Yes, you are so creative and talented!! I was very impress with how used the letters. Thank you for sharing.

Annesphamily said...

Ooh, I L O V E your post! You are very clever and creative! I know how very blessed I am ! I was talking with my friend Alyn last night. She works with non believers, just like me, but she reminds herself out loud in ear shot of them, how blessed she is! She said one lady noticed and commented! I remind myself each day even thru the pain of my aching knee and all the other stuff we all deal with each day! Hugs to you for an A plus post! Perfectly written! Hugs Anne

Wanda said...

This was a fun post to read. I especially enjoyed the part about abundance. I've been thinking about that a lot lately and some of what you said reinforced my ideas. The funny this is, I was planning to use a shot similar to your flower bush one on my post except I was going to use our crepe myrtle--now there's abundance if I ever saw it!

marina said...

great post! i like the "create" part.

SarahBeth said...

I, too, like your thoughts on Abundance -- how simple it is to actually make eye contact with someone passing by on the sidewalk, hold open the door for the next person, or let someone go in front of you in line when they have two items and you have a cart full. Even if we have little, we all have an abundance of kindness to share!

Jim said...

No, Jo, I am not an AC/DC fan either. For some weird reason I did like their song, Highway to Hell, and even have the lyrics on my blog.

Did you know that, Bon Scott, the lead singer and co-writer for it died within six months of its release. He was found dead in the back seat of a car and had OD'd on booze.

Jim's I'm on The Highway to Hell**

I like your "C" find. Also you "D" is a neat doll.
..

Cheryl D. said...

I feel like I just had some alphabet soup!

Lola said...

Hi again!

Many thanks for stopping by my Alphabe-Thursday post. Yours is terrific!!

Have a lovely weekend and look forward to seeing you again soon!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

It is a great catch-up, Jo!

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

It is a great catch-up, Jo!

anitamombanita said...

Great catchup!!

Catherine - Our Village is a Little Different said...

What a clever way to catch up, and a wonderful post, too! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

KDL said...

Good job catching up! I have learned relatively late in life how much I enjoy creating, and I'm trying to do it more often and in new ways. Re: Abundance - my husband and I just watched the movie The Pianist. It is the true story of a Jewish Classical Pianist living in Warsaw during WWII. It is very "gritty" and shows how desperate the ghettoized Jews became. If I ever feel like I don't have enough I hope I will remember this story and change my mind.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Great job on your catch up post! I should have done this too, since I am soooo behind the power curve...out of the blog loop, etc.

Lovely photos and great creativity...

Blessings & Aloha!

Splendid Little Stars said...

excellent!!
I am going to take to heart your message about sharing blessings (as opposed to complaining about the weather, etc).
Wouldn't it be interesting/fun/funny to say to someone who says, for example, "Ugh, it's SO hot and humid..." well, I can think of a variety of positive phrases from more usual (Thank God for air conditioning!) to a bit inane (Ah yes, the trees are so green and mighty this year).
This idea gives lots of chances to work on one of your C words--Creativity!

Jenny said...

Jo! What a fun catch-up post...even though I didn't have a french fry at hand.

Ummm...

Did you get that?

Was that too obscure and off on a tangent?

(blush)

I love the quote about creativity,especially. I've not read that one before!

Thanks for a delightful link for the letters A, B, C and D!

Hugs and A+

suziqu's thread works said...

I couldn't agree with you more Jo.
Abundance and gratitude are the two words that I try to encompass daily.
Thank you sweet woman for your visit also. I am so grateful to you for that!
Have a wonderful and abundant day!
Big hugs,
Suzy

Judie said...

Jo, you knew I'd love it! Mitt IS the participating horse--well at least the back half of the horse, that is.

Our daughter was thrilled with her gift. Of course, I knew she would be!!!

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh this is SO MUCH better than the band! LOl
What an awesome post GF. You really know how to use those words!
An inspiration to us all in how to live life!
hugs Lynn

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderfully creative!

debra said...

Just discovered Alphabe Thursday the other day and am catching up on some of the posts there...I like this one of yours and love that doll! It would be so much fun to collect them ! :)