Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Undeniably me …. on Understanding ….

One of my favourite quotes is by Socrates … "I know that I don't know anything, but the others don't even know that".

And when i think of that quote ... my mind races full speed ahead to visions of Alistair Sim in Scrooge singing "I don’t know anything, I never did know anything, but now I know that I don’t know … all on a Christmas morning"


Here is what I understand …

That each life has a start and middle and an end … and it is up to each individual to spend that time that we are given in the best way possible … (didn’t they just say this on Glee? … you mean I am not the only one who has this one figured out)

That as of today, I have been blessed at least 19,329 times …

that there is always time for play

That as much as the squeak in the rusty gate hinge annoys me … it also tells me that someone I love is about to step through it and into my home and my heart for a while … hopefully for a long while …

That little things do matter … it’s the little, the common, the everyday where the heart resides, the spirit flies and we find ourselves

that the colour red in food is a good thing ...

Buffy was right … the hardest thing in this world is to live in it

and Gandolf was also right “It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out of your door”

I also understand that it can be just as dangerous not going out of your door …

That either this wall art is incomplete or i just don't get it at all...

I understand how nothing in life is more precious than your child … no matter what age they are … or what time at night they are calling for a ride home …

That these lyrics will always be important to me ... "Images of broken light which
dance before me like a million eyes That call me on and on across the universe"

flowers are beautiful


I understand that my life today has been the result of my choices up to this point in time … yeah that’s another way of say there are consequences both good and bad to every decision ... to every action …

I understand contentment … and peace … but only in bits and pieces as they just do not exist 100% of the time … if they did … how would I recognize them ... would I recognize them?

that what goes up ...


Things I don’t understand

cheating and lying in any situation … although we are all guilty of blurring the lines with little white lies

hate, animosity, the need to be a queen bee

war, conflict, intolerance, destruction

forgiveness … I am so hard when it comes to forgiving …

the universe … it’s too expansive to ever understand

technology, the internet, the www … I feel like I am growing up with technology I don’t have the slightest hope of ever understanding …. I don’t get how I can type my words here and then the world can see them … Seriously, what happens after I hit "publish post" ... i'm sending bits of me into the universe and i don't understand ...


I want to thank you all for stopping by and leaving comments ... I have totally sucked at returning them while i have been down with this cold thing ... i made a great rally last week, i taught a small mini album class at Pick of the Patch then i went home and slept for 3 hours ... guess i just wasn't quite better ... but now i am, so i thank you all, your comments were wonderful and filled my heart with warm and fuzzy happy bits ... and omg ... i love those puffs tissues with the ointment in them ... so soft on the nose ...


This post has been brought to you by the letter T and Jenny Matlock’s incredibly fabulous Alphabe-Thursday meme … go visit her blog links to some interesting and amusing U posts!


Peace, Love & Paper ... Jo

36 comments:

Short and Sweet said...

Your post for "U" is so wonderful. You always seem to make me wonder and think about so much when I visit. Keep up the good work. Thanks

Maggie B said...

Great U post with much to ponder. I'll be thinking about some of the things you said, during today, I'm sure.
Maggie

Jacque said...

Good Morning Jo,

That was a thought provoking post. You always have some great pics!

Thanks for sharing U with us today and thanks for stopping by the farmhouse for a visit. We love having company!

Have a great THURSDAY!

Mary said...

It looks like you understand all the important things :-)

JDaniel4's Mom said...

I love your post! The pictures, quotes, and insights are really wonderful. Thanks for stopping by.

My name is PJ. said...

This was thoughtful and comprehensive, Jo! Loved the images you paired with it.

mbkatc230 said...

This was a beautiful post Jo. I love the images you chose to illustrate your lovely words. And I'll admit, I don't quite get the wall either :) Kathy

jeff campbell said...

Jo...this is a remarkable post...I think that you and I understand one another:-) Peace and blessings

Nora Johnson said...

Great U post - I totally Understand U!

Wishing you a Happy Alphabe-Thursday!

LOLA:)

PS Mine this time is HERE. Hope you can join me!

Izzy said...

Lovely post Jo, glad you're starting to feel better too ;)

Mariliz said...

Great post. I enjoyed reading it.

laterg8r said...

great post of U! love the pic of your darling girl on the switch back steps :D

jen said...

Thanks for this great post. That quote from Socrates is going into a favorites file.

Molly said...

That was a great post!

Jenny said...

Jo, what a beautiful post. I'm glad you are feeling better. Being sick is just wrong.

But this little stop on our journey through Alphabe-Thursday's letter "U" is just right!

I love your words.

I love your images.

I love this link!

Thank you.

A+

Debbie said...

What beautiful spoken words...and the things you do not understand....I could not have said it better:) Beautiful post indeed!~

Pondside said...

I hope you're on the mend now!
This was a really good post because it made me think, and then go back and read it again. Thanks!

Viki said...

I always love your posts. They are always so thought provoking. Great u post.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Oh! happy to hear that you are feeling better!
A wonderful post...with wonderful photos.

(I am curious...how did you figure out that you've been blessed at least 19,329 times...?

Blessings & Aloha!
thank you for stopping by! :o)

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Lovely u post..

We really think a lot alike..you should worry about that..a lot..

Sue said...

I love those words from the Beatles, too. Fun post, with lots to think about.

=)

PS. Thanks for liking my poem!

Serline said...

Thanks for the thought provoking and inspirational post!

Sarah said...

Jo, you get an A++ from me. This is a fantastic post. I find your words and images most inspiring. Bravo! ~ Sarah

easternsparkle said...

I've realy enjoyed reading this - great perspective!

Cheryl said...

This was a fabulous U post. I hope you find some understanding of forgiveness. That part really broke my heart.

Amanda said...

I love your thought-provoking posts, and this one is no exception! Thanks for your insights.

Mumsy said...

I was feeling down, physically and emotionally, but after I read this post..I was lifting up, so thank you..thank you Jo!

Terra said...

this is a wonderful U post. I am so glad I read it. Understanding is so hard, the universe is so big...thank you for putting it out there for us

PERMANENT POSIES said...

That was deep! I had to go back a couple of times. I really enjoyed it. Hey....thanks for stopping by my blog too. Glad to find you.

Susan said...

U said it!! contentment and peace are fleeting, is that how it should be?

great quotes!

I too love puffs...bet it is allergies and not a cold. but feel better at any rate!
Susan

Anna said...

Dear Jo,
Thank you for visitng my U-post. I agree, otters are cute. That's why I left them in, even though they don't really belong among the U-words - except in Swedish.
I've read your U-post and just love it! Great quotes and deep thoughts and interesting images.
Best wishes,
Anna

For the benefit of other readers who are curious about my post:
Anna's U-words

Melinda Cornish said...

you put a lot of thought into this and it really talks to me.....I love it and agree with it.....

Christy said...

jo---awesome post this week...i very much enjoyed reading this..especially after a long day of driving...i feel renewed.

Lourie said...

I love LOVE that version of A Christmas Carol. My absolute favorite. Your post for "U" was fabUlous.

Vicki said...

Understanding the Uncomprehending Universe is Utterly Umpossible :)

U did a great U post and I'm so glad I got over here. Hope U are feeling better by now. Think I'll go visit some of your past posts...

Take care

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wonderful "U" post! I know I'm bvery late seeing it but t;s been a hectic week and I'm finally catching up!

Congrats on getting s design postion with The Inspired Scrapper!