Saturday, March 1, 2014

seeing red ....

okay, once again i am a day late on a' lilhoohaa's photo blog challenge ... but I am here just the same ...
the theme for February was "red" .... here are my contributions to the challenge

although the title of this tile installation in a sidewalk is called "yellow dog" it is the bright red eyes that got my attention.  This is located just outside of the Firehall Theatre.

I love these red doors ... and there are many more ... this is part of the Firehall Theatre ... the building was originally a firehall built in 1906 and it is now a theatre and arts centre.  It is located on the downtown eastside of vancouver in one of the poorest neighbourhoods in the country (canada) ...


This used to be quite the grand firehall ... it has been put to a wonderful purpose


Next to the theatre sits the Vancouver Police Museum ... and right on the corner of that building this fabulous red fire sprinkler

and at the intersection ... a red light ...

Everything is from the same little corner and bit of street, it was a beautiful warm sunny afternoon ...

Thanks you so much for stopping by ... if you want to see more red just hop on over to PJ's blog.

peace love and paper
Jo

14 comments:

fairyrocks said...

Hello Jo, thanks for popping by with kind comments. I love your red post, doors are a favorite of mine too. Love your Jane Austin silhouette and post below too. I am of that age of rediscovery. It is a good place to be. Keep smiling and creating.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING these!!!! I once got to see the home of the originator of Coca-Cola and his door was RED and I loved it!!!!!!!!

nonamedufus said...

Great collection of photos of the old firehall. Looks a little warmer there than here in Ottawa.

Izzy said...

Great photos! love the Firehall!

Cheryl said...

You chose some great sights to shoot for red. Really bright and uplifting.

Babs-beetle said...

Nice photos! I love all those red doors!

P.J. said...

A day late is better than not at all! I like the firehouse shot. And the sprinkler. I love looking for things like that as well!

Carole said...

Hi Jo, I thought I recognized the red doors. Great pictures especially when they are familiar scenes.
Have a great evening Jo. Carole

lisa said...

Great finds! I love the tile dog design and those fabulous red doors!

Susanne said...

I'm a big fan of red, so I really enjoyed these snapshots.

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh what a wonderful "red" post! Red everywhere. Oh how I love those red doors.
I'm sure the participants will just love your contribution!

Paul Myers said...

Great take on the red theme for February. The yellow dog's eyes are certainly different.

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Pretty photos Jo!

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful reds Jo!