layers and layers of ink ... the background is distress stains and the leaves were stamped on and painted with dylusions ink .... then lots of water was applied to run and mix the colours. nothing was meant to stay in the lines ...i just wanted a mix of colours that looked like fall ...
oh i made a lovely background but when it was dont i thought that the colour palette looked flat ... so i covered most of it with black paint, and i used a diaper wipe to wash a lot of the black out, so it looks almost dark grey in areas irl ... with texture as the coat is not even ... I am not a fan of the letters ...but it is all a learning process ...
I love the background on this one, i laid down some gesso and then used my trusty old alcohol inks ... yes, they can be used on water colour paper as long as you lay down a good layer of gesso.
The flowers were made from old book pages and painted with acrylic paint and gelatos.
This is one of my favourites ... an accidental page .... i started with my distress stain background, and put down some more colour with dylusions inks and stencils. I tore a piece of paper from a gelli plate i had made and attached it ... then i just kind of tore more strips from more plates and tossed in a few book pages and it morphed into this wonky little city scape ... just a happy little accident!
thanks so much for stopping by to take a peek, i am really enjoying this learning process ...
peace love and paper,