Tuesday, May 13, 2014

do you ever fall in love ....

with something you have made for a swap, or for someone else?  That's how i feel about this little swan.


I picked her up at an antiques market, though she looks to me more "vintage" than "antique".  And she was a wonderful price .... so how could i refuse!
I had entered into a pincushion swap at Mixed Media Artists Guild and had found a little mini tea cup to turn into a pincushion ... but as soon as i saw this swan, i put the tea cup aside and started on her!

She once was dusty and plain, but now she is  all decked out in satin fabric covered with a vintage style lace (i loved this lace, and would kill for more but Stampin Up no longer sells it .... grrrr ... okay ... enough of the rant) .... I also added some pink crocheted ribbon to the edge of the pin cushion, as well as some flowers and pretty little bits.

and the crown??? a wee tiny bit of crocheted ribbon, that i stiffened up with matte gel medium, and glittered with silver and sugar glitter.  The bling ... Swarovski crystals ... after all she is a princess ... right?

I also made the stick pins ... as soon as i saw the elephant i new it had to be part of her entourage ... as well as heart and floral pins ... and yes ... i used Swarovski, the good stuff!


I am entering her into the Ribbon Lace and Twine challenge over at Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.  
As of tonight she will be off to parts unknown ... i hope that my swap partner loves her as much as i do!

Thanks so much for visiting
peace love and paper
Jo


17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is just gorgeous!! LOVING that transformation!!!!

lost coast scrapper said...

So pretty and unique! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Izzy said...

OMG! this is just so gorgeous!!!

fairyrocks said...

You sailed this little swan right out of the lake and into an ocean of goodness. I recently unpacked some of my 'hoarded' tea pot china collection, and one almost like this was in a long forgotten box. That's 25 years plus. So I guess that makes it vintage. Anyhow, thanks so much for this spectacular idea. Good luck in the challenge.

Glenda said...

I can almost see the wheels turning on this creation! So clever! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Susanne said...

Definitely vintage more than antique, the real question is she more regal or sweet? I see why you'd want to keep her around.

creative lady said...

Beautiful....Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

Katy said...

This is so pretty! I love the crown and the pins! That little elephant is just perfect. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)

Unknown said...

Oh wow! this is a fantastic creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a delightful surprise to find this off the page project in our challenge! I love every little detail, and I don't know if I could give it away if I were you. Thanks for joining in on Challenge #8 at Craft Hoarders Anonymous: Ribbon, Lace and Twine, oh my!

Gloria Stengel said...

You won't believe this, but I have a swan like that in my stash of "junk." It came with some flowers inside...the swan was stuffed with that green floral stuff and cut flowers were stuck into it. I got it a long time ago (I think someone gave it to me when my dad died) and I have saved the swan in my box of "treasures." I want to go dig it out and make this same project! It is outstanding! I love it, too!!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! Thank you for the memory, too!

Sue C said...

Oh my ... She is so beautiful! Another amazing transformation - she must have been difficult to part with, but will make someone's day!

Pammejo said...

beautiful Creations and I love stick pins....Thanks for sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

Debbie Seyer said...

Very beautiful! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

Kathy said...

Oh My Jo! This is just simply gorgeous! Love, love, love how you altered your fabulous find!

cj Schlottman said...

Delightful!

Lynn Stevens said...

Well if she doesn't Jo she is nuts! I adore your swan pin cushion and those stick pins are darling!
Lucky gal!
sorry I haven't been over for awhile. life has gotten in the way once more.
Hugs Lynn