Sunday, January 5, 2014

The other side of Christmas ...

staring through the window of a local coffee shop i am reminded that we are now on the "other" side of Christmas ....
The tree is down ... and in the neighbourhood houses are being stripped of their bright lights ... the roadside is littered with dumped real trees .... all of my much treasured decorations are safely packed away ... and now i don't know if my house looks "crisp & clean" or totally devoid of personality ...

I love Christmas decor and crafts ... so this year I am aiming to create at least one Christmas gift, or decor item each month ... Yup .... thats my plan ...

but before i start ... i just wanted to share a few little Christmas projects from last year ...

I made loads of these paper ornaments using a Tim Holtz die from last year ... they were fun to make but time consuming ... each one was individually inked and then glittered ... but they made gifts or sat in the tree oh so pretty!
little tins decorated and ready to go ... and one sitting in the tree!


I also made loads of paper stars to decorate gifts .... also made with a Tim Holtz die


And finally a tiny altered altoids tin ...


and when the lid is opened ....
who doesn't want Paris at their fingertips!!!  ... a little "desk" gift for a friend ... I printed the little Paris from Made by Joel, which has other pocket sized cities as well as colouring pages for kids ... and hey, big kids as well ... and now ... Paris ... anytime, anywhere!

I have one more project to share with you  ... but that will have to wait until another day .... my pile of laundry is calling me back to reality ...

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Peace, love & paper!
Jo 

7 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wow wow wowwwwwwww! These are all gorgeous!! I loveeeeeeeeee those snowflakes and stars!!!!!

Izzy said...

I loved my ornaments! they are now safely packed away til next year. I know how you feel about feeling crisp and clean.... our place felt empty and blah after I took the holiday decorations down.

Daniella said...

I love those rosettes! I can see they took you some time. The glitter and inking are amazing!
We are in some of the same magazines too! I can't be sure which take 10/stampers samplers, but the 400 more ideas I'm in too! I will look for you in it!!
xxDaniella

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh, I've missed so much, been scrolling through your blog, You have been a busy girl, Darling containers and those inky hands. LOL
hugs
Lynn

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful projects Jo! I especially love your gorgeous ornaments!

Kathy said...

Such beautiful gifts Jo! I love my tin and your gorgeous paper ornaments will adorn my tree for years to come! Love the Paris in a tin! What a cute idea!

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Love your projects Jo!