Monday, December 13, 2010

I am not a writer ...

nor would i ever claim to be ...  but this week, I decided to give it a bit of a try.  I have been loving Cassandra VanCurens blog this week ... It was all about shoes, and she had a bit of a shoe related blog party.  Her blog inspired me to create a paper shoe.  I have been longing to do this for quite a while but never found the time to fit it in ... but  Saturday I had a few moments for play and I quickly whipped one up.  You all know that i love Jenny Matlock's blog and this saturday her writing meme featured shoes ... and then my daughter brought home the cutest pair of holiday flats is red sequins ... so lets just say the stars & planets aligned and i knew i would have to try writing ...  at least once ...


I found the template for this shoe on the Stampington & Company website ...  I am fairly certain i made the shoe wrong as i have a seam up the front but non the less, i love it!  After Christmas I think i will make a shoe canvas ... only with much tinier shoes ...


Now the writing ... I am linking this to Jenny Matlock's Saturday Centus meme.  The rules are to use her prompt and use up to 100 words to tell a story ... so here goes ... her prompt is in bold, the rest is all me ...


"An involuntary gasp of shock escaped my lips when I opened the shoebox and saw the pointy-toed shoes..."  
Seriously, I was wondering whether I should laugh or cry … as beautiful and delicate as these gorgeous vintage shoes were, I knew that I would never get them on to my stumpy little feet without the removal of at least one toe … and I wasn’t about to do that for love or vanity.
Sighing, I placed them back into their  tissue laden shoebox ... it was then that I realized that I was no Cinderella … and at this stage, it was entirely doubtful that a Prince bearing the perfect pair of shoes, would ever reach my door.

Jenny Matlock

14 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'm glad you joined in the madness. What kind of encouragement do you need to keep on playing?

A real up and down post. I like how you handled the prompt.

Ames said...

Oh Cinderella, I love the direction you took this. One of my all time favorite movies is Ever After. And I love the shoe you have designed!~Ames

Teresa said...

This is so wonderful, such a poignant tale. I think I reached the realization that no prince would be able to put with me a few years back.

Glad you linked up!

Judie said...

Jo,I love your story! You most certainly are a writer. You've gotten your feet wet, so now is the time to take the plunge and participate every week!!

Lynn Stevens said...

oh Jo Thats good!!!!! Your writing is Wonderful, never has been my forte.
If you ever want to practice I have a few things that need a write up! LOL.
Love your little shoe too, I can't wait to see your canvas!

Tracy said...

This is an addictive game get out while your still sane lol have you visited Alphabet Thursday now that so addictive we start L this week and I start planning from the second I click post on the previous week.
Your posting was fab want to make a shoes for my daughterin law

Viki said...

You are not a writer, huh??? I loved your centus. I hope you join us again at centus. I loved the shoe you made too. Looks lovely.

House Revivals said...

So creative, the way you linked your craft to the writing meme! I love it!
~Amanda

cj Schlottman said...

Not a writer? Bah! This is a wonderful Centus, well written and very dear. Glad you have joined the madness, Welcome.

Namaste..........cj

nimaruichi said...

Sigh, poor girl!
Nice centus.

Tina said...

Welcome! This is such a fun and diverse group of people. Never a dull moment! You did a great job with this.

Jenny said...

Ahem. You aren't a what? A writer?

Ummm.... did you write?

Ummm.... did you write a great short story from an obscure link?

Ummm... did I love your story?

I think the answer to all three of those questions is a resounding "YES"...

Which means, my dear, that you ARE a writer. And a fun one.

And a good crafter, too. That shoe is adorable.

Sue said...

Nice writing! And, oh....those shoes!!!

To die for.

=)

Anna said...

Dear Jo,
I am very late with comments. I'm trying to catch up and see who I left out.

I love your paper shoes! I am a visual person and just love jewellery. Very sweet.

And now to your text: Very nice text. I like the whistfulness and the allusion to the Cinderella-fairy-tale, even if it is the Disney version that we think of with the glass slipper. Have you ever read the original fairy tale? It is a shoe of gold, not glass. But you got the part about the evil step-sisters cutting off part of a toe right. But you handled even this delicately.

(But this is not said to be completely anti-Disney. I have watched Disney's film Cinderella countless times with the children, an really love the parallell war going on between the cat 'Lucifer' and the little mice with clothes on, the birds and the dog Bruno. None of this is in the original tale. There are only birds who help her sort out peas that the evil step-mother throws into the ashes!)

Well done!
I really like your story.
What? Of course, you are a writer!

Best wishes,
Anna
Anna's SC wk 32